login.php profile.php?mode=register faq.php memberlist.php search.php index.php

Index du Forum » Communauté So'Graph » Ressource graphiques » OS Comparison: Graphics Resource usage
OS Comparison: Graphics Resource usage
MessagePosté le: Sam 23 Déc - 08:20 (2017) Répondre en citant
JoeClark
Langue pendue
Langue pendue

Masculin

Hi,

IN any case, can anyone point me to a resource that compares/contrasts OS usage of Graphics resources? I consult in the Architectural field, and there is a LOT of confusion out there, which leads to a lot of stress when trying to plan for the future. A lot of offices are sticking with 32 bit XP and I would really like to be able to explain the difference between 32 and 64 bit, and XP/Vista/7 with regards to RAM and graphics performance in non-game applications.

Specifically I would like to get my head around these specific questions.

How does Windows XP take advantage of Graphics RAM, both the OS itself, and non-game applications? I know that Graphics RAM must be mapped to virtual address space, and thus impacts machines with 4G of RAM and the 3Gb  switch in use. With Autodesk Revit this is a VERY common scenario (4GB, 3GB switch, 256MB or 512 MB Graphics card), so the issue is salient. So, how much Graphics RAM do Windows XP and non-game applications make use of?

Please help.

Thanks!

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:
https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/71e15dc0-8643-4f15-acc5-3…

Blockchain Marketing

Publicité
MessagePosté le: Sam 23 Déc - 08:20 (2017)
Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
OS Comparison: Graphics Resource usage
Index du Forum » Ressource graphiques
Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures  
Page 1 sur 1  

Index | forum gratuit | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation